A Community Interest Company whose purpose is to celebrate, support & connect
small, independent businesses across Scotland.
We have gathered together our favourite Scottish small businesses in one place to help you find, contact & shop your new favourite brands, connecting the very best in small, independent businesses from Scotland to the world.
Each carefully selected business features in our member directory with links to their website & socials plus direct contact info for enquiries. The business will also list if they accept wholesale enquires for B2B shoppers.
Browse & Shop the very best in independent small business in Scotland
Browse & Enquire with those businesses who can provide your business or brand with support services
Are you a Scottish based independent or small business? Why not join us ...
Business Collective Scotland is an affordable and accessible place for small businesses to scale and succeed.
A community interest company who’s aim is to CELEBRATE, SUPPORT and CONNECT small businesses across Scotland.
We currently have over 120 members, having launched 1st July 2020 and we would love you to join us.
These three pillars form the basis of all BCS activities to benefit members:
• Collective Online Directory: promotes member businesses and products to the public.
• Monthly newsletter: sent to over 5500 recipients in our engaged community includes product features and ‘meet the maker’ interviews.
• Social media promotion of businesses and products to over 5000 followers across channels.
• Webinars and workshops: digital events from industry specific professionals and experts designed to address member’s issues and questions,
• BCS Toolkit: an exclusive library of downloadable documents such as planners, templates and ‘how to’ guides,
• `Routes to market
• Private Facebook group: allows members to connect with their peers digitally to make announcements, ask questions and share experiences,
• Partner offers: provided by carefully selected partners, eg. accountants, PR, legal, printing, design and shipping services to support business activities,
• BCS Socials: physical and digital networking events, particularly beneficial to self-employed/lone working members to meet and connect with like-minded individuals.
Sounds good? Join HERE
The faces behind the collective?
'After 5 years in London working in Visual Merchandising for some of the big high street names like Ted Baker, Karen Millen and House of Fraser I moved home to Glasgow to start my own business. I learned so much from these big stores but, for me, there's nothing like the attention and personal service you receive from a small brand.
Working on your own can be tough and with COVID-19 having such a massive impact on us all, I think there has never been a more important time to bring our community together and be there for each other.'
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-ferguson-rennie/
'We created the collective to give Scottish small businesses the platform their talents deserve.'
Let's be friends ...
'I moved to Glasgow 5 years ago, after 5 years in London. My professional background was always in Marketing, Events and Reservations for Restaurants and Bars.
I have been around markets since I was little, as my grandparents were antiques dealers as well as my mum - so I guess you can say markets are in my blood. I created Glasgow Vintage & Flea Market and later Glasgow Independent Market which in the end (and a lot of blood, sweat and tears) became - Super Market Events. Hosting fun and friendly market events all over Glasgow.
After Covid-19 hit everything in person has been put on hold, so we decided to create an online community. I work alone pretty much so having James to bounce ideas off was always a must for me … and we wanted to share this with others.
I am really excited about this new community and the opportunities it can create. It is really important to me that the space is open to all and is welcoming and useful.'
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-conway-003717109/
As a Community Interest Company we rely on the help & support of individuals and organisations from the business community
We thank the following indidivudals and organsiation for their kind support of Business Collective Scotland and helping us spread the word of our company and its membership.